What is the best way to add a gite business to artisan auto-entrepreneur?

· Viewed 1430 times

I am already registered as an auto-entrepreneur artisan. We are currently renovating an apartment which will be in our house but independent. I have been looking on your site and wondered what the best option was and also the regulations. My husband has a small pension and is officially retired. I am below retirement age.

I understand there are at least two ways of declaring gite income:

  • declaring it as an auto-entrepreneur
  • declaring it as income on our taxes

I read a previous reply and have these questions:

  1. Have I understood correctly that there is a choice to either pay social charges of 13.3% on total gite income as an auto-entrepreneur or to pay tax at 15.5% on 50% if the income and not include it in my auto-entrepreneur income?
  2. Is there anything else I need to consider about this apart from following safety regulations, informing the mayor and telling the impots about the apartment for purposes of calculating taxes foncieres and habitation?
Log in About membership