The business identity card, Extrait Kbis, now includes more information than before. An Extrait Kbis card is established for each business registered with the Chambre de Commerce or Chambre de Metiers.
This official document is called extrait K or Kbis and attests to the identity and address of the business, its activity, its management or control, and the existence or not of collective proceedings against the business. This document is updated to reflect changes affecting the business.
Since 1st November 2013, the extrait Kbis template has been up-dated to include:
- The domain name or websites managed by the business.
- Mention of the NAF code (French classification of activities).
- Subsidiaries located in other countries of the European Union.
- References to authorisations for regulated professions.
For limited companies (EURL, SARL, SAS, SASU), the K-bis will also indicate:
- The extent of the powers of the liquidator, if applicable.
- The date and location of the original registration if the business was transferred to a different area.
- A reference to the reconstruction of capital, if applicable.
Kbis is the only official and legal document proving the legal existence of a business. This document is generally required when applying for a public tender, the opening of a professional bank account or the purchase professional equipment.
Auto-entrepreneurs and profession liberales registered with URSSAF will not receive a KBIS. K Kbis concerns only companies registered with the Registre du Commerce et des Sociétés (RCS), i.e. business registered with Chambre du Commerce. This would apply to you if you have an entreprise individuelle under regimre rééel simplifié, micro, SARL, EURL or SAS, SASU.