Numero fiscal is your unique number with the tax office - Impots. If you are already in business in France, you will need this number to:
- Complete your personal 2019 income tax - Déclaration d'Impôt sur le Revenu 2019.
- Request a financial help for businesses impact by Covid 19 - Fond de Solidarité
In the past, you had to complete and return a paper form or go to your local Impot office.
Impots Gouv have just added a section to request this number online. I cannot confirm yet how long this will take. A couple of my customers have requested their numero fiscal online, so I will update you soon on the timescale.
How to request your numero fiscal online
- Go to Impots.Gouv.fr dedicated page to request a numero fiscal.
- Go to the bottom of the page to the line « Par courriel après avoir rempli le formulaire : Accès au formulaire » and click on « Accès au formulaire »
- Complete the form with the personal details and then press « continuer » at the bottom of the page. A new section should open with the email address of the local tax office in bold blue writing.
- Click on the email address and it should automatically open up your email software with a prewritten email stating the different details put in the previous form.
- Verify the different details, attach a copy of passport and proof of residency (recent utility bill, lease, quittance) « sign » the email and send ( the email address of the local tax office should be automatically entered).
If you used this service and got your numero fiscal, let me know how long it took.
How long will it take to get your numero fiscal?
A few forum members came back to me with some information on how long it actually takes to get your numero fiscal. People having requested a numero fiscal online in May 2020, had a number issued within a couple of days! Pretty good.