A common question I get asked in the forum is, do I have to give my customers an invoice. To help you decide, here's a summary of the rules to be applied when deciding if you should issue an invoice.
You must provide an invoice for:
- Any services or sale of goods between professionals.
- Sale of goods from a professional to an individual if the customer requests it.
- Sale of goods from a professional to an individual for distance selling (catalogue and ecommerce).
- The provision of a service between a professional and an individual when the amount exceeds 25 euro TTC, or if requested by the client, regardless of the amount.
Also note that:
- The invoice must be issued upon completion of the sale or provision of services.
- It must be written in French and established in two copies, the original being given to the customer.
- Invoices must be kept for 10 years from the date of sale or service delivery.
I hope you find this useful and if you have any questions or need clarrification please ask in the forum.