I have received many messages from freelancers and small business owners in France who cannot apply for Fonds de Solidarité for now, as they don't have an online personal income tax account or numéro fiscal. The alternative is to apply for Aide Sociale Exceptionnelle from URSSAF and CGSS. Here is where you can find the form online and who to send it to.
Conditions to apply for Aide Sociale Exceptionnelle from URSSAF / CGSS
Aide Sociale Exceptionnelle is restricted to entrepreneurs and freelancers in France who cannot apply to Fond de Solidarité. It will work, whatever legal structure you may have - auto-entrepreneur, entreprise individuelle, EURL/SARL, SAS/SASU. In order to apply for Aide Sociale Exceptionnelle from URSSAF / CGSS, you need to:
- Not be eligible for the solidarity fund - Fonds de Solidarité.
- Have made at least one social charges contribution payment since your installation.
- Have been affiliated to SSI/URSSAF before 1st January 2020.
- Be significantly impacted by measures to reduce or suspend the activity.
- Be up-to-date with your personal contributions and social contributions as of 31st December 2019.
The amount of this financial help will vary depending on your situation, such as cash flow issues, personal or family social situations linked to illness. It is, therefore, best to really describe the impact of the situation on your activity: loss of turnover in percentage compared to last month or last year, no access to stock, shop or building site, cancellation from customers, etc.
How to request Aide Sociale Exceptionnelle
Your request has to be sent to URSSAF or the collection branch - branche de recouvrement. Here is what to do:
- Complete the Aide Social Exceptionnelle form.
- Send it to the Urssaf / CGSS in your region. SSI's website helps you find your local URSSAF's email address.
- For your email use this title "Action sanitaire et sociale".
- Attach your documents: completed form, RIB, your 2018 income tax attestation "attestation de revenus" (no more than 2MB each)
What will happen next?
Urssaf or CGSS may contact you by email or phone to double-check or clarify some information. Your request will then be studied and you will be informed by email as soon as your request is accepted or rejected. We have no idea of timescale for now and obviously URSSAF and CGSS have a limited budget, so the request for help is not an entitlement, but it is worth a try.