I recently wrote about entrepreneurs’ and freelancers’ health cover being moved to Securité Sociale, also called CPAM - Caisse Primaire d’Assurance Maladie. As a reminder, if you created your business after 1st January 2019, you were automatically affiliated to CPAM. But if you created your business before 2019, you would have been affiliated to another body such as for instance RAM, Mutuelle du Soleil, Harmonie Mutuelle and you recently moved to CPAM.
If you created your business before 2019, keep reading, as you need to take some action.
What do you need to do if you moved to CPAM in 2020
CPAM moved existing entrepreneurs over between 20th January and 17 February 2020. Following this transfer, you will receive a letter informing you of the services provided by Securite Sociale and their contact details.
Some entrepreneurs and freelancers have noticed that their new certificate of health entitlement “Attestation de droits à l’assurance maladie” had not been automatically transmitted to their top-up health insurance - assurance mutuelle santé complémentaire. You may want to check this and if necessary download a copy of your attestation for your insurer.
Actions to take if you have been transferred to CPAM in 2020
- Update your carte vitale: go to your local chemist and ask them to update your carte vitale with their special reader. Once done, it should show CPAM as your health body, rather than RAM, Mutuelle du Soleil or Harmonie Mutuelle.
- Create your online CPAM account on AMELI. You will need to request a password, which will be sent to you by post.
- When you receive this password, go to your AMELI online account and download your “Attestation de droits à l’assurance maladie”, then send a copy to your insurer.
2 ways to get your health attestation on Ameli.fr
- Log in Ameli.fr and on the home page go to “Mes démarches en 2 clics”, which is the green box in the middle on the homepage. Then click on "Attestation de droits" and select who you want to do the attestation for instance "Toute la famille”, then click on "Valider".
- Use the top menu and click on Mes Démarches, then Télécharger and Attestations de droits