What to do about an unpaid French cheque?

· Viewed 887 times

We have had a cheque returned from a client’s bank as there was insufficient funds in his account to cover the amount. We have written to our client and to his bank but without response from either. All we have been advised to do is take the details to the gendarmerie. We would like to know if there is a small claims court as in the UK for recovering debts or what our next course of action could be to try and recover the money outstanding.

Log in About membership