What is the correct auto-entrepreneur arrangement for gites?

· Viewed 2107 times

We moved permanently to France in April 2013. We have one gite which we rented out for 7 weeks this summer for approximately 2,000 euros. We will convert part of our main residence into a second gite to rent out next summer and estimated rent 4,000 to 5,000 euros. Our pensions are around £17,000 and £3,000 per annum. The two gites are 25 miles apart and each of us will take main responsibility for one of them.

  1. Is it OK to declare this years rental on the 2014 tax form, or should we register as auto-entrepreneur now?
  2. Is it best for both of us to register as auto-entrepreneurs, or for one of us to register and the other be a conjoint collaborateur.
  3. Can you suggest any other arrangement?
Log in About membership