Tour operator and business structure

· Viewed 340 times

I’m thinking of starting a tour company here in France. As I understand it, the industry is heavily regulated and requires registration with ATOUT France and the Association Professionelle de Solidarité du Tourisme. I understand it also requires civil liability insurance and putting up a deposit in the event the company defaults or goes bankrupt. However, it appears that walking, shopping, and food are exempt from licensing. Note: I’m not referring to guides inside museums or historical monuments.

Is my understanding accurate? If so, do I have to set up a SARL or can I simply work under my name (entreprise individuelle)?

Any info is appreciated. Thank you.

3 replies so far...
Log in About membership