Running a gite and camper hire business

· Viewed 311 times

We have found a property in France and want to relocate there with our family. We would like to buy further properties in the area purely to let out as holiday rentals and to run a camper hire business as well.

I have read that gite rental isn’t classed as a business unless it is over a certain amount per year. How much income do you need to generate from holiday lets for it to be recognised and registered as a business? Would the camper hire side of the business be considered as an extra income stream to support the gite income and enable us to apply for business visas? How long can you be in France before you apply for your visas?

What rate of income tax would you pay on income from holiday lets and camper hire?

Many thanks

3 replies so far...
Log in About membership