Photographer Taxation

Paul D
· Viewed 217 times

My wife and I are tax residents in France.  My wife is a photographer that produces limited edition prints, which she sells in Canada through a gallery based in Canada.  She is paid in Canadian dollars.  The annual profit from this activity is under 5k euros so far, but may increase.

How should she declare this profit for tax purposes?  To be clear, the profit is the selling price minus the cost to produce the print minus the gallery fee.  Is she required to set up some sort of legal structure to deal with this or is it simply a matter of declaring the profit on our annual tax declaration in France.

Thank you.

Log in About membership