Opening a restaurant in France

Durban boy
· Viewed 900 times

I would like to open a small restaurant in France mainly for my British clients. Either at my house or small venue. I know about the liqueur licenses, health and safety, but do I need a formal qualification of some sort in serving food to the public. I heard that you might have to do a three day course but my French isn’t that good. If I need a qualification can I do it in the UK and use it here?

If a restaurant is willing to let me use their facilities on certain days what do I need to trade legally. Maybe just insurance?
Basically what is the quickest and easiest way to serve food, wine and malt to my clients. Someone also mentioned to operate as an association. Sorry for this mouth full….no pun intended.

Log in About membership