How can we form a company to run a gite in France?

· Viewed 1386 times

We are in the process of purchasing a house in France with four family members. We want to run the main building as a gite business with our family (who are all UK based) and my husband and I will live in a small cottage attached. The purchase is initially being funded with a deposit from our daughter and a mortgage from our son.

Our current house in France is for sale and when the sale goes through we will also put money into the company so that we have equal shares. I understand that if we buy the property with an société civile immobilière (SCI) we will be liable for 50% tax. Is there another way we can run the gite business? I am already registered as an auto-entrepreneur, can I add it onto my business? In which case should our son and daughter buy the property in just their two names?

Log in About membership