Chambre d’hôte and other income?

· Viewed 1357 times

We moved to France in February 2017 and I am refurbishing a barn, making rooms to do chambre d’hôte. My wife works in France via the internet for an English company. She has been told by CPAM that she cannot have a carte vitale in her own right (or at least not until she has paid tax in 18m time).

Our original plan was that I be registered on her carte vitale until the chambre d’hôte business was ready to run. As our first room is almost ready we are now thinking that I will have to register as a micro-entrepreneur now, and my wife will be part of my carte vitale. Can you foresee any problems with this?

Log in About membership