Best way to register my translation and PR business?

· Viewed 940 times

I have been lucky enough to pick up a couple of small contracts which will start at the beginning of next year. One of them is for a UK company working with their French speaking clients here and helping with queries and translations, charging the UK company by the hour. The other job is working for a French company doing a range of PR jobs for them, also being paid by the hour. The UK company will pay me in UK pounds into a UK bank account and the French company paying in Euros into my French bank account. There will be very little costs involved, perhaps apart from computer costs, telephone and petrol.

What is the best way to register my business and do you have any idea of the social charges and tax that I will have to pay. I shall be earning a total of approximately £8000 from the UK company and 5000 euros from the French company. My husband is already registered in France as an AE and has been since the start of the scheme, but this work will be done entirely by me. Any advice that you can give will be very much appreciated.

Log in About membership