Best way to register a chambres d’hote in France?

· Viewed 1624 times

My wife and I will open our chambres d’hote in France in October 2011 (moving in September). Perhaps not the best time of year, but we want to move into it slowly. While the chambres will be our main source of income, we anticipate we will get other income - educational consultancy and publishing related work (proofreading, copy-editing and indexing). The money for this will come from a variety of sources but mainly the UK.

I have read that chambres d’hote have to be registered in the name of one person so am thinking that the best idea would be to register us both as separate auto-entrepreneur - one to run the chambres d’hote and the other to cover the other areas. Would this make sense or would it create any difficulties? Your advice would be welcome.

Log in About membership