Bank accounts and tax returns

· Viewed 290 times

I opened a current bank account with an online French bank. Because I am unable to provide a French tax return, they are insisting that my fiscal address is my old address in the UK where I no longer live. I am unable to do anything until I provide a French tax return. I noticed that on the impots website for my AE business, it is possible to print out a declaration of business residency (in English or Spanish) for my newly declared freelancing business. But this is for the business not me. Is there any other way I can expedite getting the right evidence? My civil partner is French and we will file the first joint tax return later this year. I just want to be sure that there isn’t something I could do in advance, as this is limiting my access to financial product. Thank you!

Log in About membership