Auto-entrepreneur advice

· Viewed 143 times

I am looking to set up as an AE in France, and I write content for websites and newspapers.  What category would that come under.

I’ve been looking on the internet and one forum suggested that this may come under Liberal category.  My understanding if this is so is that social charges would be about 22%, and I would only be able to earn 34,000 before I would have to register for VAT.  This seems really low before registering for VAT.

Is there any other category that I would come under that would be easier for me and better suits my job description?  I don’t think I will earn a lot over 34,000, but would want to try and avoid having to register for VAT.

Thank you

1 reply so far...
Log in About membership