Applying for a carte de séjour vie privée et familiale in France?

· Viewed 1629 times

In another post, I was led to believe that this (le carte de séjour vie privée et familiale) is a piece of paperwork that I must have in order to start a business in France. But as I researched it further it seemed that to acquire one, you must be married, or in a some type of domestic partnership with a French citizen.

I feel there must be something I’ve missed. Can you only start a business if you are French, or in a relationship with a French person? Surely that can’t be the case. I am American and have no EU passport (if that is pertinent). Perhaps this is more of a question for the French Consulate, but I thought I’d try my luck here first.

Log in About membership