Hi, I'm Valerie Lemiere and I run this site to answer your questions, explain your options and give expert advice on your business in France.
Trusting my answers
For the past 8 years (and couting), I've worked at a nationally recognised association (BGE) as a conseillère en création d'entreprises. At BGE I advise and support individuals in all aspects of starting and running their business. I run this site independently of my employer and as such I'm a registered auto-entrepreneur.
On a daily basis I assist, advise and mentor entrepreneurs in:
- business and financial planning
- market study and strategy
- legal structure
- business taxes
- social charges
- and quite a bit more...
How to get your answers
You've got several options:
- Firstly, I run a busy forum which is updated daily. In the forum I personally answer all questions, so you can be 100% sure of getting an answer. Membership is for one year and you can ask an unlimited number of questions.
- Next there's the helpline. Use this when you want to get up to speed quickly and prefer in-depth discussion and a quick fire question / answer session.
- Last but definitely not least, I also publish articles, videos and podcasts on many aspects of running a small business in France.
Why I started this site
For English speakers in France and those moving to here, it's really hard find reliable business information in English that can be trusted. This site changes that - Start Business in France provides both free and paid information, all of which is reliable and uptodate.
A little about me
I live in Normandy with my English partner Lee, himself a fully fledged auto-entrepreneur. We have three children - Ella, Quentin and Enora.