Charging VAT in the UK

· Viewed 300 times

I have 5 clients, 4 in England and 1 in Ireland, £38000 in recurring annual invoices and a teachers pension of £7500.
As I will not be collecting VAT will I need an accountant or will I be able to handle the VAT myself as I did in England.
I am 63 my wife is 54 would it be beneficial for my wife to own the business as she will pay in to the social security system more years and presumably receive a better French pension than I would receive and could this have any detrimental effect on either of us.

Thanks in advance

Log in About membership