You can register your business online in France, in person or by post. To set up your business online you'll need to have several documents ready beforehand, e.g. passport, proof of qualifications for regulated activities, marriage certificate etc.
Where to register your business online
- Use my auto-entrepreneur registration service
- Trade and industry with CFEnet or InfoGreffe
- Crafts CFEMetiers or InfoGreffe
- Services: Professions libérales CFE URSSAF or InfoGreffe
- Agent commecial with InfoGreffe
- Farming ativities: online registrations are not available yet.
If in doubt go with the Info Greffe website as they will take any registration. If you prefer to complete the registration process with someone, rather than online, you can find out which Centre de Formalités des Entreprises you should register with, by checking the CFE Directory. By indicating your type of activity, then choosing a legal structure and a location, you will get the full contact details and website.